In His Name, the Most High
So this is where I get to introduce myself. Who am I?
To be honest, there’s not much to say. I am a servant of God, Islamic scholar (though more a student than a scholar), a software engineer, a political commentator and analyst.
My ideology4 is principled and connected to the line of Imam Khomeini5, the great reformer and reviver of Islam. I continue to follow this line now under the leadership of Imam Khamenei6, the successor of the great Imam.
As a software engineer, I’m well experienced. I’ve worked on projects – both large and small; commercially and voluntarily.
Amongst the projects I’ve worked on – though these are more my personal projects – are the apps the following:
- Press TV (Android | iOS)
Press TV is a 24-hour English language news and documentary network, affiliated with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The channel is state owned but nevertheless, retains editorial independence. The channel is headquartered in Tehran, Iran. The channel was launched in 2007.
- Alalam TV (Android | iOS)
Alalam is an Arabic language news channel broadcasting out of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Like Press TV the channel is state owned by retains editorial independence. Its broadcasts are available to over 300 million Arabic speaking people across the world, and the website (and mobile app) provide its content in English where possible. The channel was launched in 2003.
- IFilm (Android: Arabic, English & Farsi | iOS: Arabic, English & Farsi)
IFilm is an entertainment network based out and broadcasting from the Islamic Republic of Iran. The original purpose being to present Iranian films and series to a global audience, dubbed into both Arabic and English and broadcast on either the Arabic or English versions of IFilm. A Farsi-language version of the channel provides the content in its original Farsi (Persian). The channel was launched in 2010.
- Al-Mustafa International University (Android)
Al-Mustafa International University (MIU) is an international academic, Islamic and university-style seminary institute in Qum, Islamic Republic of Iran. The university serves as an umbrella organisation for the plethora of seminaries, schools, colleges and universities that make up the Islamic Seminary in Qum and has branches and affiliated institutions in over 60 countries across the world.
I have also worked on many cloud-related projects, which is also what makes up my current 9-5.
I also edit books and articles, sometimes credited and sometimes uncredited.
During the Islamic months of Muharram and Safar, and sometimes in the month of Ramadhan as well as from time to time throughout the year, I lecture at various Islamic centres on various Islamic subjects. My lectures are primarily in English, though I do at times talk in other languages such as Farsi (Persian).
Lectures that I have delivered over the few years that have been recorded and added to Youtube can be found on the Lectures page; please refer to that for more details.
I have also had a few television appearances, recordings of these – where available – can be found on the TV Appearances page; please see that for more details.
I also am interviewed and from time to time write for various online publications, such as the Tehran Times, Press TV and Fars News amongst others. The interviews and articles that I prepare for those organisations will form the bulk of this website which serves as an archive for content I have written or spoken.
And from God alone is all ability. Peace.
- A Muslim is a follower of the Islam. Islam is an ideology that has for many years now been grossly misunderstood and misrepresented. To understand Islam, Islam and the Contemporary Man, by Allamah Tabatabai might prove an excellent resource.
- See An Introduction to Shia Islam, the History and Doctrines of Twelver Shi’ism
- Some useful resources on the subject of Islamic Unity can be found here
- See Shia Political Thought by Ahmed Vaezi, Wilayat al-Faqih: its Meaning and Scope by Ayatullah Mishkini
- See Imam Khomeini’s Biography for more information
- See Imam Khamenei’s Biography for more information
- I only develop apps as native apps, though as of late have been looking at Xamarin to allow me to have a unified code base
- See What is an API